Renewable energies and energetic efficiency
Alternatives to reduce the share of fossil fuels in the global energy mix and serve our energy needs in more sustainable ways are key to mitigate the rise in global temperature and increase the ability of nations to adapt to climate change.
The latter, together with existing concerns for energy security, technological progress and technologies’ cost reduction continue to promote investments in renewable energies in Latin America.
SDCompass is committed to supporting its clients in developing, financing, and growing their renewable energy projects and business plans. Our associate consultants have led and supported these processes for more than 1100 MW.
SDCompass’ team supports utility-scale and distributed generation portfolios adding over 10 MW. These include small, medium and large hydroelectric plants as well as solar, wind, biomass, waste-to-energy and biogas-to-energy projects.
The way in which SDCompass support these projects is via:
- Financial modeling, valuation and structuring of projects and businesses.
- Raising equity capital and selling assets and projects.
- Raising debt capital and financing for projects and imports of capital goods.
- Supporting growth via asset acquisition of projects and businesses.
- Supporting growth via commercial penetration of target markets.
Examples of our work
- Supporting a European renewable energy project developer in the elaboration in creating a financial feasibility and decision-making model for project investment and acquisition in a South American country.
- Supporting a business group developing renewable energy projects in Latin America in raising investment and selling their project portfolio of +2 GW.
- Support a Colombian company in securing a USD 23 million loan to increase power generation capacity to 19 MW from biogas and reducing emissions of greenhouse gases